Keep Your Day Job while Learning the Trade in the Evening.Our Future Jobs Training Program is an evening program that prepares you for a career in iron working. With future job projections on the rise, secure your future and develop the skills necessary to become an Iron Worker.
- Free! No Tuition Costs
- Must meet All Requirements and Successfully Complete the Testing and Interview Process.
- Classes Continually Starting as Needed.
- Attend Class 2 Nights/Week Year Round - Either:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 6:30 PM-9:30 PM
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6:30 PM-9:30 PM
- Same Classroom and Hands-On Training as offered in the Traditional Apprenticeship Program.
- Given an Associate Membership into Iron Workers Local Union No. 3
- Upon Completion of Future Jobs Training Program, Receive Direct Entry (and Receive Advanced Training Credit) into the Ironworkers Apprenticeship Program when the Construction Boom Begins
- Associate Membership Fee is $5 per month and entitles you to receive the Ironworker Magazine and Iron Workers Local Union No. 3 Newsletter.
Want to climb higher but find yourself being limited in your current job? Join Iron Workers Local Union No. 3 where the sky is the limit and reaching to climb higher is part of the job! With a click of a button, you can start down a new path to an exciting career that will take you higher than ever before! So how does the enrollment process work?
- Submit the online application.
- Start gathering the additional documentation that is required for testing:
A photo copy of Birth Certificate as proof of age
A photo copy of High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
A photo copy of Valid PA Driver’s License or Valid Out of State License
Thirty-Five Dollars ($35.00) non-refundable, administrative fee
(Check or Money Order Made Payable to: IWJA&JTF)
- Once your online application is processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your testing date/time and containing a testing admissions letter as well as additional testing information.
- Arrive at the testing site (2315 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222) on time!
- If you were successful once the test has been processed, you will be notified by e-mail of the interview date and time.
- If successful after the interview process, you will be notified when classes will start.
Iron Workers Local Union No. 3 Apprenticeship Application